We’ve spent over two decades building and remodeling homes. It’s safe to say we’ve learned a thing or two along the way. We’ve worked and perfected an entire process for planning, designing, bidding, scheduling, hiring subs, and finishing a project. Our dream is to help as many people as possible live in homes they are proud of, appreciate, and enjoy every day. While we can’t physically be involved in every project, we can teach you how to manage your own remodel project like a pro! Managing your own remodel project might be for you if:
- You have an ugly bathroom and strong DIY skills and genuinely want to do the bulk of the work yourself to save on contractor fees.
- You have a dead ugly bathroom and you plan to hire a general contractor; you also want to educate yourself on the process, so you won’t feel like you are being taken advantage of.
- You love design, transformations, have exceptional communication skills, and are curious about becoming a general contractor yourself.
- You are currently a general contractor who is involved in remodels, but you want to up-level your game and provide better customer service, so the referrals will roll in.
Here are the things we can teach you:
- How to build your confidence and mentally prepare yourself
- How to layout and plan your new bath space
- How to bid the project
- How to select all the finishes
- Learn the best products to use
- Learn which tasks you can do yourself and which ones you should hire a subcontractor for
- How to interview, request a proper bid from, and hire a quality contractor
- How to schedule all the work
- How to check the work to ensure you are getting a quality install
- Finishing like professional
We want you to feel empowered and confident that you can hire good help and manage the project on your own. After working with us, you’ll know the potential problems to watch for, and you’ll know how to make a general calculation of what the work should cost.
A word of caution: we will NOT teach you how to run electric or plumb your shower. We believe some things are better left to those who have been trained and tested: the pros! We will teach you how to find and hire the best pro for your project. We want you to learn to look at your project through the eyes of a general contractor so you can professionally take it to completion and save yourself a bundle of money.